Thursday, November 3, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll, how do I love thee

For those who know our family, you of course know Holly. For those who are less familiar, let me tell you about this adorable animal. She is a yellow lab approximately 55 pounds of pure love and affection. She wants nothing more than to love and be loved.


Aside from her obvious cuteness, she has her quirks. There is nothing that this dog doesn't love more than a delicious and nutritious cardboard toilet paper roll. It is without fail that Holly can be any where in the house and hear the roll being finished. Anyone who has been in our bathroom and finished a roll while in there has received quite a fright when this large dog rushes the bathroom like the storming of the Bastille. Some may think she is rushing in to congratulate the individual on a job well done, but in fact she is only wanting the one thing she waits 300 sheets later to receive... the toilet paper cardboard roll.

All of this to set the picture of last night's event when I, in fact, finished the roll of toilet paper only for Holly to rush in to receive her prized possession. Unfortunately, I was too tired and too lazy to remove the roll for her so I simply placed a new roll on top of the old and thought "I'll just do it in the morning." Holly sat...and looked... and waited. I thought for sure at some point she would realize that tonight was not her night, and she would have to wait until the morning.

If I ever understated her love for toilet paper rolls, I will never do so again after turning on the light in the bathroom this morning and finding this...

1 comment:

  1. awww! That is so sad. That precious dog sat there all night! She sure does love those things! Good thing she isn't our dog, Jeremiah and her would fight over them. Jeremiah's thinks they are his telescopes!

    ReplyDelete